We can prove that lawyers do have hearts. Although, if you were at The Mouse Trap in Amityville last month, you probably already know that.
On March 19, 2017, New York trial attorney Frank J. Lombardo with Wingate, Russotti, Shapiro, Moses & Halperin, LLP, chaired a blues-filled fundraising event for children and adults in need.
The “Angela Lombardo Blues Raiser” was a live musical entertainment benefit for the New York Sportscene Children’s Foundation. The NYSCF works to collect and distribute food, clothing, and books throughout the year to help support children with serious medical issues and their families.
The goal of the Angela Lombardo Blues Raiser? To help local children’s charities provide:
- Tricycles for disabled and special-needs children.
- “Dream kits” for displaced foster children.
- A 2017 prom for hospitalized teens unable to attend on their own.
- A 2017 pool party for ill, special-needs, autistic, homeless, underprivileged, and medically frail children.
- A 2017 VIP children’s holiday party for 500-600 children and their caregivers.
Other charities given financial support included:
- Yes We Care for veterans suffering with PTSD
- Yes We Care food drive for homeless veterans and The Veteran Place Shelter
Since Frank was recently named to the executive board of the New York Sportscene Children’s Foundation, he jumped at this prime opportunity to help. Gathering his fellow attorneys and law firm WRSH on board with sponsorships and donations, he got to work.
Named after Frank’s own philanthropist sister Angela, the musical afternoon opened with Kassidy Rose, a 14-year-old singing sensation recently on The Voice. The headliner was international blues recording/touring artist Slam Allen, former guitarist for the James Cotton Band. He (and everyone who performed) brought down the house. The event was an overwhelming success—what goes better than having fun and raising money for charities?
We all need help sometimes. It’s good to know that even tough trial attorneys will “rock out” for a good cause! Thanks, Frank, for helping those in need! If you even need an attorney, you can call our Wingate, Russotti, Shapiro, Moses & Halperin, LLP offices at (212) 986-7353.