At Wingate, Russotti, Shapiro, Moses & Halperin, LLP, we believe that college is a wonderful place to meet new people, gain valuable knowledge, and advance your career. That’s why we are proud to offer our Foundation for Your Future Scholarship 2022, a $2500 grant open to current college students and college-bound high school seniors across the United States.
All of us at Wingate, Russotti, Shapiro, Moses & Halperin, LLP feel extremely grateful for the opportunities this country has afforded us, and we are happy to pass along some of our good fortune to a deserving student.
We know students today are facing a lot of challenges, and every day you will have to make difficult decisions about how you choose to manage your time. But the outstanding opportunities you encounter in college to participate in clubs, organizations, jobs, and internships and the chance to perform community service will greatly enhance your personal and professional skills.
In the spirit of our founding partner, William Wingate, we would like to offer our best wishes to all the students who are working to improve their lives by pursuing higher education. We are all inspired by William Wingate’s example, and we would love to hear about the people who have inspired you. Good luck!
Deadline to Apply: May 11, 2022
Winner Announced: June 8, 2022
Scholarship Amount: $2500
Essay Length: 500 to 1000 Words
Essay Prompt: Extraordinary people leave an indelible mark on the world – and on the people around them. WRSMH’s founder, William Wingate, was one of those men. A World War II Navy veteran, Bill served on the Board of Directors of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, served as Deputy Mayor of the Village of Ocean Beach, and was a leading member in numerous community, religious, and charity organizations, honored and beloved for his contributions. We offer this scholarship on the tenth anniversary of his passing, and ask you to answer a simple question: Who do you look up to, and why?
- You must be a high school senior on track to graduate or a college student enrolled in an accredited four-year university/college, or currently enrolled in a two-year college and planning to transfer to a four-year university/college upon completion.
- You have earned or will earn your high school diploma this calendar year.
- You have maintained a 3.0 or higher GPA.
- You are a U.S. Citizen or hold Permanent Residency status. DACA recipients are welcome to apply.
- You must complete all entry fields on the application for the scholarship. Failure to do so will result in disqualification. Entries that do not meet the word count requirement will not be considered.
Welcoming All Eligible Applicants
We encourage all interested high school seniors and college students to apply for our Foundation for Your Future Scholarship 2022. Follow this link to learn more. Feel free to check out our blog and Facebook page for further updates.