Suffer from Medical Malpractice Resulting In Brain Damage?
A brain injury not only severely affects the victim, it also seriously impacts their family and other loved ones. Brain injuries are life-altering to all involved and can change a family's future. If a family member or other loved one has suffered a brain injury due to the negligence of a medical professional in New York, you have grounds for a medical malpractice lawsuit. Your first step in recovering compensation for the injury is to consult an experienced NY brain damage attorney.
The esteemed legal team at the New York City law office of Wingate, Russotti, Shapiro, Moses & Halperin, LLP has represented the families of brain injury victims for over 50 years. We have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. Your road to recovery begins with a call to our office at (212) 986-7353 for a free consultation.
Medical Causes of Brain Injuries
Medical negligence leading to brain injury can take many forms, including:
- Early life injuries: The competent care of a trained obstetrician is vital to the healthy delivery of an infant. An obstetrician is responsible for testing and accurate diagnoses during pregnancy, competent techniques and decisions during delivery, and the early life care of an infant. Poor decisions by a physician during the prenatal, natal, and postnatal phases of a pregnancy can result in brain damage, leading to cerebral palsy, retardation, and other birth defects.
- Failure to diagnose: Anyone who follows the news media knows about the discovery of the long-term affects of concussions. The National Football League (NFL) and National Hockey League (NHL) are now the subjects of lawsuits for failure to recognize the long-term impact of repeated head trauma. Only recently have the NFL and NHL introduced measures to keep concussed players from returning to the game. If a physician fails to recognize a brain injury or the severity of it, they can be held negligent.
- Improper medication: The skill of medicating is a delicate and potentially dangerous art. While medications can have miraculous results on a patient, they can also have disastrous results. The prescribing physician has a responsibility to consider every possible side affect and chemical interaction a medication may have. Failure to examine a patient's medical history and the dosage prescribed can result in serious brain injury.
- Surgery complications: Brain surgery is one of the most delicate operations that can be performed. Compared to other organs of the body, the brain and its functions are among the most mysterious and unexplored. Mistakes made during brain surgery can result in infections and other complications that can severely alter and threaten the life of the patient.
- Anesthesia complications: Anesthesia is vital to the performance of surgeries, yet it contains a large share of risks. Putting a patient under such an extreme form of sedation can result in possible death and brain damage. An anesthesiologist has a duty to examine a patient's medical history, medication use, and recent physical examinations to decide upon that patient's method of sedation.
Free Consultation with a Medical Malpractice Lawyer in NY
If a loved one has suffered brain damage due to a medical procedure, you need to consult an experienced New York personal injury lawyer. The qualified legal team at Wingate, Russotti, Shapiro, Moses & Halperin, LLP has represented New York brain injury victims and their families for over five decades.
To get the medical malpractice settlement you deserve, call (212) 986-7353 today.
NY Medical Malpractice Brain Damage Verdicts & Settlements
$16 Million - Two Cases Involving Brain Damage
$10.2 Million - Infant Brain Damage
$6 Million - Brain Damage Birth Injury
$4.75 Million - Brain Damaged Infant
$2.75 Million - Infant Brain Injury