When it comes to treating and surviving cancer, especially breast cancer, time is of the essence. You cannot put too high a price on the right diagnosis, caught at the right time. With the proper treatment, a woman’s chances of survival go up exponentially. Unfortunately, the price for a timely diagnosis goes both ways. Failing to catch the signs at the right moment can truly mean life or death.
If you or a loved one has been victimized by your caregiver’s incompetence or blatant lack of regard, you may have grounds to take legal action against them. Contact the New York medical malpractice attorneys at Wingate, Russotti, Shapiro, Moses & Halperin, LLP and schedule an appointment at your earliest convenience. We have successfully represented missed cancer diagnosis cases and secured significant compensation for the victims and their families. Let our team do the same for you.
Call (212) 986-7353 today and speak with one of our in-take specialists about your legal goals.
Remember, you have legal rights and you are free to exercise them in order to obtain the justice you deserve. While the last thing on your mind may be retaining legal representation, a successful claim can help you, and your family, overcome any immediate financial hurdles you may be facing, in addition to holding the at-fault party accountable for their actions. Depending on the severity of the negligence involved and the amount of damage you have sustained over time, you could be eligible for one or more of the following:
- Economic damages - such as medical bills, specialist fees, rehabilitation costs, lost wages or employment.
- Non-economic damages - such as pain and suffering, loss of consortium, emotional anguish, wrongful death.
When it comes to medical malpractice and a missed cancer diagnosis, the most immediate question is - how could this happen? After all, the key component to fighting and treating any cancer is early detection. So how could a physician fail to accurately make the call? Unfortunately, there are a number of reasons for this kind of negligence. Some of the more common causes for a blown or missed diagnosis include:
- Failing to schedule the proper tests, such as a mammogram, in a timely fashion
- Failing to accurately read a patient’s symptoms or perform the proper tests
- Failing to follow up with a patient on time concerning their results
- Misreading the results of a biopsy, mammogram or other test
- Blatantly disregarding a patient’s requests
At Wingate, Russotti, Shapiro, Moses & Halperin, LLP we highly encourage you to contact our office whenever you are able to do so. Medical malpractice claims, especially those involving a misdiagnosis can be particularly challenging. The more time our team has to research and investigate your claim, the better your odds will be at securing the appropriate compensation. Call (212) 986-7353 to schedule an appointment and learn more about your legal options today.
- How Lavern’s Law Can Help Cancer Patients
- Beware These Conditions Doctors Commonly Fail to Diagnose
- Another Never Event in New York
- Breast Cancer - National Cancer Institute
- Breast Cancer Early Detection and Diagnosis - American Cancer Society
NY Failure to Diagnose Breast Cancer Verdicts & Settlements
$2.3 Million - Failure to Timely Diagnose Breast Cancer
$2.25 Million - Improper Treatment of Breast Cancer
$500,000 - Failure to Diagnose Breast Cancer