The Bronx is a New York borough celebrated for its rich cultural diversity, offering a tapestry of communities and authentic experiences. Home to iconic landmarks such as Yankee Stadium and the Bronx Zoo, the borough boasts a vibrant sports culture and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation in Pelham Bay Park. With affordable housing options and a thriving arts scene, the Bronx is a dynamic and welcoming community, showcasing a strong sense of identity and community spirit. In the dynamic landscape of the Bronx, construction sites are a common sight. However, with the hustle and bustle comes the inherent risks of construction accidents.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a construction-related accident, Wingate, Russotti, Shapiro, Moses & Halperin, LLP is here to stand up for your rights. Our Bronx construction accident attorneys are dedicated to getting justice for those who have been injured due to the negligence or wrongdoing of someone else. We always fight for maximum compensation and have recovered over $1 billion for our clients. With the rankings based on a rigorous evaluation process, we’ve been selected by The U.S. News & World Report as one of the Best Law Firms, so you can trust that your case is in the best hands.
Call us today at (212) 986-7353 for a free consultation to explore your legal options.
Construction sites are inherently hazardous environments, and accidents can result from various factors, including:
- Unsafe working conditions: Lack of proper safety measures, inadequate training, and failure to enforce safety protocols
- Faulty equipment: Malfunctioning or defective tools and machinery
- Falls from heights: Working at elevated positions without proper fall protection
- Electrical accidents: Contact with live wires or faulty electrical systems
- Falling objects: Injuries caused by objects falling from heights
- Scaffolding accidents: Collapses or failures of scaffolding structures
Knowing what can lead to construction accidents is a key element in establishing liability and pursuing compensation for your injuries and other losses.
In the aftermath of a construction accident, victims often find themselves grappling with a myriad of challenges that extend beyond their immediate physical injuries. The repercussions of such incidents can have profound effects on various aspects of their lives. You may be entitled to claim numerous damages related to the accident, including:
- Medical expenses: Construction accidents frequently result in immediate and ongoing medical needs. Victims may incur expenses related to emergency medical treatment, surgeries, rehabilitative therapies, prescription medications, and long-term care. Addressing these medical costs is essential for the physical recovery and overall well-being of the injured party.
- Lost wages: The aftermath of a construction accident often leads to an inability to work, causing a significant financial strain. Lost wages can exacerbate the stress and uncertainty faced by victims and their families during the recovery period. Seeking compensation for income lost due to the accident is crucial for maintaining financial stability.
- Pain and suffering: Beyond physical injuries, construction accidents can inflict profound emotional and psychological distress. Pain and suffering encompass not only the immediate trauma but also the long-term mental and emotional toll on the victim. Pursuing compensation for these intangible damages is vital for acknowledging and addressing the holistic impact of the accident.
- Permanent disability: Life-altering injuries resulting in permanent disability can have enduring consequences on an individual’s quality of life. Coping with a disability may involve ongoing medical care, rehabilitation, and adjustments to daily living. Seeking compensation for permanent disabilities is crucial for ensuring that the injured party receives the necessary support for their changed circumstances.
Your Bronx personal injury lawyer can calculate the full extent of your damages so that your claim includes compensation for all of your past, present, and future losses related to the accident.
In addition to these challenges, construction accident cases often present complex legal issues that require strategic navigation, such as:
- Workers’ compensation: Navigating the workers’ compensation system is a critical aspect of construction accident cases. Securing benefits under workers’ compensation helps cover medical expenses and provides partial wage replacement. However, understanding the intricacies of the system and ensuring fair compensation often requires professional legal assistance.
- Third-party liability: Identifying and pursuing claims against parties other than the employer is a common feature of construction accident cases. This may involve holding equipment manufacturers, subcontractors, or other entities accountable for their roles in contributing to the accident. Pursuing third-party liability claims is crucial for maximizing available compensation.
- Negligence claims: Establishing negligence on the part of responsible parties is essential for seeking compensation beyond the limitations of workers’ compensation benefits. This may involve demonstrating that the accident resulted from the negligence or misconduct of another party, such as a property owner, equipment manufacturer, or subcontractor.
The aftermath of a construction accident is multifaceted, involving not only immediate physical concerns but also long-term consequences and complicated legal considerations. Your attorney can assist with navigating your workers’ compensation rights, determining liability, and establishing the existence of negligence. The time limit for filing a construction accident injury claim is three years from the date the injury occurred, so it’s important to speak with a Bronx construction accident lawyer right away.
If you’ve been injured in a construction accident in the Bronx, don’t hesitate to consult an experienced personal injury lawyer—contact Wingate, Russotti, Shapiro, Moses & Halperin, LLP. Our Bronx attorneys have over 50 years of experience handling construction accident cases and are ready to provide the comprehensive legal support you need. We understand the intricacies of New York construction accident law and are committed to fighting for the justice you deserve.
Don’t let the aftermath of a construction accident derail your life. Call us at (212) 986-7353 to learn more today.