If you’ve suffered serious injuries due to an accident, you could be facing enormous medical expenses. If so, you’re not alone. Over 650,000 Americans are forced to file for bankruptcy every year because of their high medical bills. At Wingate, Russotti, Shapiro, Moses & Halperin, LLP, we don’t think that’s fair! If somebody harmed you, they should have to pay for it.
The Bronx is a thriving New York City borough that’s home to people from all over the world, and the experienced trial attorneys at WRSMH have been helping accident victims in the Bronx for over 50 years. In that time, we’ve won over a billion dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients. WRSMH will do everything we can to help you get better after an accident so you can get back to enjoying the Bronx Zoo, New York Botanical Garden, Yankees games, and all the other great things the Bronx has to offer.
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident in the Bronx, call (212) 986-7353 to schedule a FREE consultation today. You won’t find a better personal injury law firm anywhere in the nation.
A personal injury attorney provides legal services to people who have been harmed by the negligent actions of another party. Everyone has a duty of care to avoid behavior that may cause reasonably foreseeable harm to others. If you were injured because someone violated their duty of care, your personal injury attorney will file a claim or a lawsuit seeking damages, which is a monetary award meant to compensate a person for physical harm or the loss of personal property.
Examples of cases where a Bronx personal injury lawyer may seek damages for injuries that result from a violation of duty of care include:
- A supermarket didn’t make sure “Wet Floor” signs were posted after workers cleaned up a spill
- A landlord failed to fix a stairway with broken stairs or a loose handrail
- An intoxicated driver crashed into a pedestrian after running a stop sign.
- An employer exposed unprotected workers to noxious chemicals
- A trucking company failed to check a driver’s references and review their driving record
- An elevator maintenance company employee signed off on repairs that never took place
At WRSMH, we handle most types of personal injury cases that involve victims suffering from catastrophic injuries. We work with all types of people, and we have the resources to take on the government, large corporations, and big insurance companies.
We have successfully litigated various types of personal injury cases, including:
- Workers’ compensation
- Premises liability
- Medical malpractice
- Construction site injuries
- Truck accidents
- Car accidents
- Bus accidents
- Train accidents
- Qui tam
- Trip- and slip-and-falls
- Ceiling collapse
- Product liability
- Bicycle and e-bike accidents
- Elevator and escalator malfunctions
- Pedestrians struck by motor vehicles
- Wrongful death claims
Anyone whose negligent actions contributed to your injuries may be required to pay damages. If a person in a position of authority knew about or should have known about the conditions that caused your injuries, then they should have taken steps to prevent it.
Parties that may be held liable for your injuries include:
- Business owners
- Employees and managers
- Manufacturers of defective products
- Public officials
- Independent contractors
Large corporations and their insurance companies know every trick in the book when it comes to denying your claims and minimizing the true extent of your injuries. That’s why you’ll want to have a lawyer by your side who knows how to win.
The personal injury lawyers at WRSMH take all the necessary steps to help you get the resources you need to rebuild your life after a senseless accident, including:
- Filing the necessary paperwork on time
- Collecting accident scene photos, physical evidence, surveillance camera video, receipts, internal company memos, and other important evidence
- Preventing the other side from destroying or tampering with evidence
- Interviewing witnesses
- Creating accident scene simulations
- Consulting with expert witnesses
- Negotiating for a reasonable settlement
- Fighting for you in court when necessary
The Bronx personal injury attorneys at Wingate, Russotti, Shapiro, Moses & Halperin, LLP will fight tooth and nail to get justice for you and your family. We have an unrivaled track record of success, and we won’t back down from anybody.
Our partners at WRSMH belong to the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and have been recognized by Super Lawyers, a rating agency that only accepts members based on peer recommendations. We have a perfect 10.0 Avvo score and an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell, which is their highest possible attorney ranking for both ethical standards and legal ability.
Call us at (212) 986-7353 to learn more today.