The Bronx is one of the central boroughs of New York, with a history that goes back to before the nation’s founding. As a central metropolitan area, the dense population and high activity are significant factors contributing to the increased risks of a serious or fatal car accident. The aftermath of a car accident can be overwhelming, so it’s imperative to have the support of an experienced Bronx personal injury lawyer to help you pursue the compensation and justice you deserve.
For over 50 years, Wingate, Russotti, Shapiro, Moses & Halperin, LLP has been helping car accident victims get the resources they need to recover and rebuild their lives. We’ve been honored by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys as one of the 10 Best Law Firms in New York City for client satisfaction. Our attorneys have been recognized by Super Lawyers Magazine and listed in Best Lawyers directory.
Call us at (212) 986-7353 for a consultation about your legal options today.
As one of the most densely populated boroughs in New York, the Bronx has many qualities that increase the risk of getting into a car accident. Some of the situations that lead to a car accident include:
- Traffic density: Congested roads can increase the likelihood of accidents due to reduced maneuvering space and a higher chance of collisions. Intersection complexity: Complicated intersections can be challenging for drivers to navigate, leading to a higher risk of accidents, especially during peak hours.
- Road conditions: Poor road conditions can contribute to accidents, as drivers may struggle to maintain control of their vehicles.
- Pedestrian activity: Increased foot traffic can lead to a higher risk of accidents involving pedestrians, especially if drivers are not attentive or if pedestrians don’t have proper infrastructure like crosswalks.
- Public transportation interactions: Interactions between private vehicles and public transportation can create complex traffic scenarios, potentially leading to accidents, especially near transit hubs.
The injuries you are likely to sustain from a car accident can range from relatively minor to severe, depending on the circumstances. It is important to remember that each car accident case is different. Some of the common injuries that can result from a car accident include:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a neck injury caused by the sudden back-and-forth motion of the head, often occurring in rear-end collisions. It can lead to neck pain, stiffness, and headaches.
- Cuts and lacerations: Broken glass, deployed airbags, and other objects in the car can cause cuts and lacerations. Depending on the severity, these injuries may require stitches or other medical interventions.
- Soft tissue injuries: Soft tissues, including muscles, tendons, and ligaments, can be damaged in a car accident. Sprains, strains, and contusions fall under this category.
- Fractures and broken bones: The impact of a car accident can cause fractures and breaks in various bones, such as the arms, legs, ribs, and pelvis.
- Spinal cord injuries: Severe car accidents can result in spinal cord injuries, which may lead to paralysis or other long-term disabilities.
If the accident was the result of another driver’s negligence or wrongdoing, you may be able to claim compensation for various damages, including:
- Medical expenses: You can seek compensation for medical costs related to the treatment of injuries sustained in the accident. This may include hospital bills, surgery costs, medication, rehabilitation, and ongoing medical care.
- Lost wages: If your injuries result in missed work or a reduced ability to work, you may be entitled to compensation for lost wages. This can include both past and future earnings.
- Property damage: Compensation for the repair or replacement of your vehicle and any personal property damaged in the accident may be sought.
- Pain and suffering: Non-economic damages, such as physical pain, emotional distress, and a reduction in the quality of life, may be considered in your compensation claim.
- Permanent disability or disfigurement: If the accident results in a long-term disability or permanent disfigurement, you may be entitled to compensation for the impact on your future earning capacity and quality of life.
Enlisting the services of a qualified car or truck accident lawyer in the Bronx will help ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. Personal injury lawyers offer invaluable services like:
- Advising clients on their legal issues
- Leading an investigation of the accident
- Organizing relevant evidence for the injury claim
- Communicating with third parties
The attorneys at Wingate, Russotti, Shapiro, Moses & Halperin, LLP can assess the details of your case, calculate the full extent of your damages, and fight for maximum compensation. We’ll negotiate skillfully with insurance companies and aren’t afraid to take your case to court if you don’t receive the offer you deserve.
From rear-end collisions to high-speed crashes, Wingate, Russotti, Shapiro, Moses & Halperin, LLP has the skills to steer your case in the right direction. We won’t settle for anything less than justice, and we don’t back down from anybody. Call now at (212) 986-7353 for a free consultation to discuss your case.