Medical Malpractice - Drug Reaction
The firm obtained a $200,000 verdict on behalf of a client, a 42 year old mother of four, who suffered a drug reaction from an overdose of an antibiotic administered during a plastic surgery procedure. The antibiotic was administered by her physician, a non-board certified plastic surgeon, who was performing scar revision surgery because of a complication from an infection after previous plastic surgery. The mother was taken by ambulance to the hospital where she was treated and released after two days. The jury found that the antibiotic reaction was because it was given incorrectly and not because the plaintiff was allergic to it as the defendant argued. Complicating the trial for the firm was the fact that his client was unable to testify at the time of trial about herself or her injuries as a result of the NY medical malpractice.