Queens is popular for many reasons, not least for its rich culture and diversity. It’s home to Flushing Meadows Corona Park, the Queens Museum, and Citi Field. Unfortunately, motorcycle accidents in Queens, New York, are quite frequent, with intersections being a common location for these incidents.
Busy intersections in particular pose a big risk due to the chaotic nature of multiple lanes with traffic traveling in all directions. Motorcyclists enjoy the freedom and exhilaration of the open road, but they are also vulnerable to severe injuries in the case of an accident. In Queens, NY, residents are known for enduring some of the longest commutes in the country.
At Wingate, Russotti, Shapiro, Moses & Halperin, LLP in, we’re attuned to the unique challenges motorcyclists face on the road. We have been recognized by Super Lawyers, rated “AV” by Martindale-Hubbell, listed in Best Lawyers directory, and recognized by the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
If you have sustained injuries in a Queens motorcycle accident, we are here to assist you. Contact us (212) 986-7353 for a free consultation.
Motorcycle accidents in Queens, New York, seem to be influenced by several factors. Here are some of the common causes:
- Rush-Hour Traffic: Riding a motorcycle during congested rush-hour traffic is often dangerous and can lead to accidents.
- Lane Splitting: Some motorcyclists attempt to drive between cars to pass, due to their impatience and the small size of motorcycles.
- Road Hazards and Debris: Road hazards and debris can also cause motorcycle accidents.
- Poor Visibility: Many people do not realize that poor visibility is a common reason behind motorcycle crashes, both for riders and other motorists.
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving has also been cited as a major cause of motorcycle accidents.
Motorcyclists can suffer serious injuries following an accident including:
- Road Rash: Skin abrasions from sliding on pavement can lead to severe scarring.
- Bone Fractures: The impact of crashes can break bones, particularly in the arms and legs.
- Head and Brain Injuries: Even with helmets, riders can suffer concussions or traumatic brain injuries.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: These can result in partial or complete paralysis.
- Internal Injuries: Organs can be damaged by the force of a collision.
Recovering full compensation is vital, especially when dealing with long-term effects of a motorcycle accident. Medical expenses can escalate quickly, and ongoing care may be necessary. You could also lose income if you’re unable to work. A lawyer can help you navigate these complexities, ensuring you get fair compensation not only for immediate needs, but for future requirements as well. Without legal help, you risk accepting less than you deserve, leaving you to bear the cost of your injuries alone.
Identifying who’s at fault in a motorcycle accident can be complicated. It typically involves examining the actions of other drivers, road conditions, and any potential vehicle defects. Insurance claims can provide some relief, but they may not cover all accident-related costs.
After enduring a motorcycle accident, it’s important to seek professional legal guidance when pursuing a claim for compensation. An experienced Queens motorcycle accident lawyer can guide you through the complex legal process, help determine liability, and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Insurance companies are in business for profit and will likely make you a lowball offer that doesn’t come close to covering the extent of your damages. Your Queens personal injury attorney will negotiate skillfully with insurance companies and deal with any other parties involved to help you achieve a favorable outcome.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident due to the negligence or wrongdoing or another motorist, we want to hear what happened. Wingate, Russotti, Shapiro, Moses & Halperin, LLP is here to provide you with the skilled legal support and representation you need.
With over 50 years of experience, our Queens team is committed to helping clients receive maximum compensation, and our track record can attest to our success. We will do everything in our power to help you get the justice you deserve and protect your rights every step of the way.
Call us at (212) 986-7353 to schedule a free initial consultation.