Carpentry is among the most necessary occupations in the country. Carpenters deliver valuable services to residents, businesses, and the public at large in Queens. Queens is a major borough of New York—one of the world’s largest and densest cities. Therefore, carpenters are responsible for constructing and maintaining a substantial number of buildings.
However, carpentry has several unique risks, some of which can be potentially fatal. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, approximately 700,000 carpenters were working nationwide in 2020. There were more than 11,000 carpenter injuries that year.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a carpenter accident, Wingate, Russotti, Shapiro, Moses & Halperin, LLP can provide the exceptional legal representation and guidance you need during this difficult time. We have won over $1 billion for our clients. Our Queens personal injury attorneys have been rated "AV" by Martindale-Hubbell and recognized by Super Lawyers magazine. With over 50 years of experience, you can rely on us to develop the best possible strategy custom-tailored to meet your individual needs.
Reach out to us today at (212) 986-7353 to learn more about your legal options.
Carpenters face similar risks to that of construction workers, including:
- Slip & falls: Tripping hazards, such as tools and construction materials left on the ground, as well as unstable flooring.
- Falls from height: Falls from ladders, scaffolding, and other elevated areas.
- Crush accidents: Crush injuries sustained due to accidents with heavy machinery used in construction, possibly leading to amputation.
- Electric shock: Exposed wires and improperly maintained power tools carry a significant risk of electrical shock.
Such accidents can lead to a wide range of injuries that vary in severity, including:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries
- Injured extremities
- Infected splinters
- Hearing loss
- Eye injuries
- Deep lacerations
- Bone fractures
Carpenter accidents can result in life-changing injuries. As a result, workers deserve compensation for their losses. In general, employers are liable for workplace accidents that injure carpenters. New York State law requires employers to have workers’ compensation insurance to cover workplace injuries.
As a result, the employer’s workers’ compensation insurer may be responsible for paying workers’ compensation benefits to the injured carpenter.
If you were injured due to a carpentry accident, you may be entitled to compensation, including:
- Payments amount to 2/3 of your average weekly wages,
- Compensation for loss of earnings to account for reduced work capacity in cases of partial disability,
- Access to medical treatment, covered by the workers’ compensation provider and administered by physicians or chiropractors,
- Eligibility for compensation pertaining to injuries affecting extremities or facial scarring, even if such injuries do not hinder your ability to work,
- Reimbursement for travel expenses incurred to receive medical care or therapy sessions, along with out-of-pocket costs associated with your injury, including first-aid and prescriptions.
Because carpenter accidents involve complicated factual circumstances and legal issues, you may need to consult with an experienced carpenter accident lawyer for legal representation and advice. Your attorney can help you with the process of gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, preparing and filing your workers’ compensation claim, and negotiating with other parties on your behalf.
Most importantly, experienced attorneys are deeply familiar with the workers’ compensation claims process and can help you navigate the administrative complexities of filing for workers’ compensation benefits.
If you are a carpenter who has sustained an on-the-job injury, don’t hesitate to contact Wingate, Russotti, Shapiro, Moses & Halperin, LLP for experienced legal counsel. Our Queens construction accident lawyers are dedicated to providing quality legal services for injured carpenters. We will evaluate the circumstances of your accident and advocate for fair compensation on your behalf.
Our attorneys are listed in the Best Lawyers directory and recognized by The U.S. News & World Report for outstanding service and success. When you put your trust in Wingate, Russotti, Shapiro, Moses & Halperin, LLP, you can count on us to guide you through the legal process and protect your rights every step of the way. We will do everything in our power to help you get the justice you deserve.
Call us at (212) 986-7353 to schedule a free initial consultation today.