NY Construction Fall Accident Lawyers Defend Your Rights
Fall Related Accidents and Injuries on a Construction Site
Some of the most serious construction accidents involve workers who either slip and fall during work or fall off a scaffold. These types of falls cause major injuries to construction workers. In fact, these are the types of injuries that most often result in death. Even when the worker survives, there are many tough challenges he or she is faced with such as costly medical bills, an uphill recovery battle and the loss of income during that results from missed work. Sometimes, you could even be left with a permanent disability - unable to work for the rest of your life.
How Do Construction Accident Falls Commonly Occur?
Fall injuries happen for a variety of reasons. The most common types of construction falls occur when a worker falls of a weak scaffold or malfunctioning equipment, falls off a ladder, slips and falls or falls after being hit by another falling object. Whatever the causes, the injuries can be devastating. The worker could suffer catastrophic injuries or broken bones. He or she could suffer brain injuries or even death as a result of the fall.
The Department of Labor and Occupational Safety and Health Administration have stringent rules for the construction industry. These accidents are entirely preventable. The following hazards cause the most fall-related injuries:
- Unprotected sides, wall opening and floor holes: These are found almost in any construction site, but the key is to use the appropriate guardrail, safety net and fall arrest systems, especially when workers are doing their jobs at a height of 6 feet or more.
- Improper scaffold construction: All scaffolds must be constructed according to manufacturers instructions. Again installing appropriate guardrail systems and fall arrest systems will go a long way to protect workers
- Unguarded protruding steel rebars: These iron bars, which are a common sight in any work site, should be bent over or protected with caps so a worker cannot be impaled by falling on them
- Improper use of portable ladders: Falls from ladders can cause injuries ranging from sprains to deaths. The risk of falling off portable ladders increases if ladders are not positioned safely or if they are placed on an uneven surface.
Call a NY Work Injury Lawyer at (212) 986-7353 Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in a fall accident at work, it would be in your best interest to retain a law firm with experienced NY construction site accident attorneys to represent you and help protect your rights. In some cases, where the employer or contractors negligence is apparent, you may be entitled to significant compensation. Contact Wingate, Russotti, Shapiro and Halperin today for a free consultation.
- What Kinds of Construction Accidents can Cause Paralysis?
- Dangers of Scaffolding on New York Construction Sites
NY Construction Site Fall Accident Verdicts & Settlements
$11.1 Million - Construction Accident: Fall from Ladder Causing Brain Injury
$8.2 Million - Construction Accident: Fall Resulting in Paralysis
$7.25 Million - Scaffolding Fall Accident: Fall from Ladder
$2.4 Million - Construction Accident: Fall from Ladder
$2.1 Million - Laborer Fell through Floor
$2 Million - Five Story Fall on Job Site
$1.9 Million - Fall from Upper Floor During Home Building
$1.75 Million - Workplace Accident: Fall from Ladder
$400,000 - Construction Accident Ladder Fall
Contact Us: Free Consultation
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured, it is important to seek legal representation as soon as possible. Contact the New York personal injury attorneys at Wingate, Russotti, Shapiro & Halperin, LLP today for a FREE, no obligation consultation today: